Re: ISBN number change? Jay Harris 02 Jul 1998 20:22 UTC

Dear Mr. Thompson;

I have always thought a new or revised edition of a book would carry a
new ISBN number.
It is, after all, a different substantive work than the previous
edition.

Is this the conclusion of other SERIALST readers?

Sincerely yours,

Jay Harris

***************************************
Jay Harris
Assistant Director for Collection Management
Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham
1700 University Boulevard
Birmingham, AL 35294-0013
Phone:  205-934-2460     FAX:  205-934-3545
E-Mail to:  jharris@uab.edu
Library Web-site:  http://www.uab.edu/lister