Replacement costs for storm damaged periodicals (Jay Nordstrom) Marcia Tuttle 14 Jul 1998 18:49 UTC

Please respond to Jay Nordstrom at jay@gac.edu, and not to serialst.
Thanks!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:14:28 -0500
From: Jay Nordstrom <jay@GAC.EDU>
Subject: Replacement costs for storm damaged periodicals

Hello Serial Listers,
A general question from a serialister who is in dire need of assistance.
Because of lack of free time in our rebuilding procedures, I was wondering
if anyone can give me either a web address or a figure on how to estimate
replacement costs for storm damaged/recycled(tossed) periodicals?  I know
ALA has a suggested figure for monograph titles considering accession, OCLC
cataloging cost, and cost for cataloger to recatalog replacement but I am
unaware of a figure in replacement of periodicals. (and can't locate the
exact area in ALA web pages to find my answer.)  Your assistance in finding
this information will be greatly appreciated from a serials person who is
busier than normal! (If that can actually happen.)  Please send your

Ms. Jay Nordstrom
Serials Coordinator
Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library               Phone-(507) 933-7562
Gustavus Adolphus College                       Fax:  (507) 933-6292
St. Peter,  MN  56082-1498