1998 OLAC Conference (Kay Johnson) Marcia Tuttle 21 Jul 1998 13:35 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:06:52 -0400
From: Kay Johnson <johnsonk@AZTEC.LIB.UTK.EDU>
Subject: 1998 OLAC Conference

Come join your collegues in Charlotte, North Carolina, November 4-7 for the
8th Conference of the Online Audiovisual Catalogers Association, to be held
at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Charlotte.

Charlotte (pop. 460,000) is located in the south central part of the state,
about 12 miles from the South Carolina border. Interstate highways 77 and 85
run through Charlotte, and Interstate 40 is approximately one hour to the
north. Charlotte/Douglas International Airport, a hub for USAir, services
500 flights daily and is located 7 miles from Uptown Charlotte at the
intersections of both I-77 and I-85. For information about Charlotte and its
many attractions check out Charlotte's Web at http://www.charweb.org.

The conference program proper begins Thursday, November 5th with keynote
speakers Lynne Howarth, Dean, Faculty of Information Studies, University of
Toronto, from whom we received the Conference title, and Deb Tracy-Proulx,
Cataloger, Yahoo! Corporation. The workshops we are offering this year include:
Computer files; Internet resources; Maps; Non-print serials; Sound
recordings; Subject analysis of non-book materials; Toys, kits, games and
realia; and Videorecordings.

For full information and conference registration form, go to the conference
website at
http://ublib.buffalo.edu/libraries/units/cts/olac/

For more information contact Kevin Furniss (furnissk@winthrop.edu), Ruth
Roazen (beloviczr@uncwil.edu), Pat Ballard (ballardp@winthrop.edu) or Jan