Microfilm Splicer (Carmel Thompson) Marcia Tuttle 21 Jul 1998 19:12 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:45:15 -0700
From: "C. D. Thompson" <cathompson@UPS.EDU>
Subject: Microfilm Splicer

Hi All,

A few months ago, I posted a message regarding doing a major microfilm
splicing project. Our library has decided to condense our microfilm
collection by splicing together small rolls of microfilm.

We wanted to order the UMI product Quick-Splice Model 252 for 35mm
microfilm to make this job a little easier. Well, it turns out UMI no
longer carries this product. In fact, no one seems to carry this product
nor any similar item.

Besides trying an Internet search, I have checked the following sources:
Alpha Information Management, Bell & Howell, Dataplex (authorized Kodak
supplier), Hudson Photographic Industries & UMI.

Does anyone have a supplier for this or a similar microfilm splicer? Or,
does any library have a splicer they are no longer using and would be
willing to sell?

Thank You,

Carmel Thompson

University of Puget Sound
Library Periodicals             cathompson@ups.edu
1500 N Warner                           253-756-3617 phone
Tacoma, WA 98416                253-756-3670 fax