Account Interface Inquiry (Lucila Garza) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 06 Aug 1998 13:43 UTC

Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 16:08:48 -0700
From: "Lucila G. Garza (by way of Yvonne Wei Zhang <ywzhang@csupomona.edu>)"
 <lggarza@CSUPOMONA.EDU>
Subject: Account Interface Inquiry
Subject:  Accounting interface of Innopac system with CSU-FRS

We are an Innovative Library seeking to interface the library's accounting
system with the University's accounting system (CSU-FRS, CALIFORNIA STATE
UNIVERSITY-FINANCIAL REPORT SYSTEM) in order to efficiently streamline our
workflow.  Currently, the Library enters the same data into INNOPAC and
CSU-APS
(ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SYSTEM). For INNOPAC, some invoices are posted electronically
and the rest are keyed manually. Therefore, since there is no interface
betweenthe two systems, we are duplicating efforts by entering twice and using
extra staff time.

We would like to hear from anyone who has successfully completed this process,
or is currently implementing an accounting interface. We would also like to
hear from anyone who is currently investigating or working to implement this
type of interface.

In your responses, please include the following information:

     Systems you are currently using
     Was an outside programmer/consultant hired, or did University technical
     staff assist in the process
     Could you refer someone who had such experiences to us
     Other alternatives available

Yvonne W. Zhang (ywzhang@csupomona.edu)
Bibliographic Access Services
University Library