Re: Cataloging ejournals (Cameron Campbell) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 07 Aug 1998 13:40 UTC

Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 05:07:47 -0500
From: Cameron Campbell <cc21@MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU>
Subject: Re: Cataloging ejournals (Mary Ann Nesto)

At ICU we do catalog all e-journals to which we subscribe and any others
available on the Internet that a bibliographer brings to our attention. We
follow the CONSER single record approach if we hold the print version
(adding an availability note and the 856 field) and add a copy record coded
as Internet (networked electronic resource). We do not classify these
journals nor do we add any holdings data. If we do not hold the print
version we use any copy available or catalog them originally. We have done
this for all the JSTOR titles, our Elsevier subscriptions, Science Direct, etc.

Cameron Campbell
Head, Serials Cataloging
University of Chicago Library