Re: Ejournal Access questions (Marc Wildman) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 11 Aug 1998 18:11 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:24:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Marc W. Wildman" <mwwildma@library.syr.edu>
Subject: Re: Ejournal Access questions (Promilla Bansal)

Promilla,

When our mail is opened (usually by students) we have them put the
packing slip or mailing label in the magazine/book. This helps us on
many occasions when we have a problem with the order. When I need a
mailing label to set up access to an electronic resource for a title,
I put a note in the check-in record of the title requesting that the
mailing label be given to me. This has worked well to my
happy supprise. The recievers see the note and pass the mailing label
along to me. I set up the electronic resource, and then delete the
note from the check-in record.

After I set up the electronic resource, I file the mailing label with
any type of notes that I may need in the future with the purchase
order. I have also established a unique name and password to use on
setting up sites that require them.

Hope this helps a little.

Marc Wildman
Serials Cataloging Supervisor