Re: Ejournal Access Questions (Carmela Palazzi) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 12 Aug 1998 13:44 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:28:10 +0200
From: "Biblioteca Centralizzata Fac. Medicina e Chirurgia" <bibmed@UNIMO.IT>
Subject: Re: Ejournal Access questions (Promilla Bansal)

At 11.01 11/08/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:52:02 -0500
>From: Promilla Bansal <pbansal@ACFSYSV.ROOSEVELT.EDU>
>Subject: Re: Ejournal Access questions (Anne Frohlich)
>

>I would be interested in knowing what others are doing since the
>publishers do want us to know the "code" on the packing slip which is
>hard to catch since our mail is opened at a different location.

I'll reply to the list since I think the matter is rather intriguing. We
handle our subscriptions through an angent who receives all codes and
passwords (we have tried to get hold of packing slips but it's almost
impossible and you often need a lot of time to collect the material). I
must say it is not really straightforward to obtain everything you need and
we often, after trying to register, have to contact the agent again for
more details. Anyway when we have all we need we register for all faculty
computers by providing the IP address truncated with a *, most publishers
enable you to do this, and we send an e-mail giving the members of our
faculty all information necessary to have access to the journals.
Regards

Carmela Palazzi

Biblioteca Medica Centralizzata
Via del Pozzo, 71