Re: Ejournal Access questions (Jina Wakimoto) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 12 Aug 1998 18:43 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:33:37 -0700
From: "Jina C. Wakimoto" <jw20555@EMAIL.CSUN.EDU>
Subject: Re: Ejournal Access questions (Anne Frohlich)

We have developed a local procedure to handle these offers.  In short,

1.  If the online version is free with print and the access is limited
to our IP addresses, we register by providing our 2 campuses' IP
addresses ending with ***.   We add the URL to our OPAC, and add the
title to our web page list of electronic journals.

2.  Same as above but access is limited with user ID and password - We
add the URL to our OPAC, and add the title to our web page list of
electronic journals, but the ID and password is on a separate page which
is IP authenticated.  See Royal Society of Chemistry Journals on our web
page:  http://library.csun.edu/techserv/eltrnjls.html#R

Hope this helps.

-- Jina
Jina C. Wakimoto, Library-8328, CSUN, Northridge, CA  91330-8328
818-677-2265 (voice) 818-677-4928 (fax)  jina.wakimoto@csun.edu