"Quarterly" publications (was: Jrnl of Multicultural Social Work) Jan Lahmeyer 26 Aug 1998 06:42 UTC

Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:40:01 +0000
From: "Jan Lahmeyer" <J.Lahmeyer@library.uu.nl>
Subject: Re: Journal of Multicultural Social Work

In my view this publisher, Haworth Press (and not only that firm),
makes a habit of publishing four issues per volume on a so-called
"quarterly" basis, but the volumes are being stretched over more
than one year. So the meaning of "quarterly" in the English language
is not any more exclusively in use for something happening four times
a year, but the meaning is also extended to four issues per volume,
thanks to the world of publishers.

Greetings,
Jan

*  Jan J. Lahmeyer -  EML: seriecat@library.uu.nl
*  Unit Serial Publications - Cataloguing Section -  Dept. Cataloguing & Acquisition - Central Library Service
*  UNIVERSITY  LIBRARY  UTRECHT -  P.O. Box  16007 , NL - 3500  DA   UTRECHT
*  Voice Phone +31 (0)302536573 -  Fax +31 (0)302539292
*   Visit the website of the WESP: http://www.library.uu.nl/wesp/