Re: Journal of Multicultural Social Work (3 messages) Birdie MacLennan 26 Aug 1998 17:30 UTC

3 messages, 83 lines:

(1)---------------------------
Date:         Wed, 26 Aug 1998 12:42:07 -0400
From:         "Judith Stokes" <JStokes@RIC.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Journal of Multicultural Social Work

May I suggest that if Haworth Press seeks to improve communication with
serials librarians that they direct their effort toward keeping our
subscription agents informed. With hundreds of titles requiring little or
no special attention from me, and a handful of Haworth Press titles
requiring frequent attention, claiming, and midyear expenditures, I do not
want to be referred to a brochure. I just want these titles to fit into my
workflow.  Tell Ebsco when you reschedule, and rebill, and refund and you
needn't print all those brochures.

        Judith Stokes, Serials Librarian, Rhode Island College
        600 Mount Pleasant Avenue, Providence, RI 02908
        Phone: (401) 456-8165
        Fax:  (401) 456-9646
        Email: JStokes@RICmail.RIC.edu <mailto:JStokes@RIC.edu>

(2)---------------------------
Date:         Wed, 26 Aug 1998 10:00:31 -0400
From:         "Cathy Frakes" <cfrakes.ucs@SMTP.USI.EDU>

Attn: Mr. Cohen

Unfortunately one of your journal editors died of Alzehimer's disease, but
we seem to have a lot of trouble with Haworth Press.  We have to file
claims with this press so often.  We often receive several combined issues
and also receive all four issues of a volume at the same time.  Also,
other titles with this Press will add additional volumes in a year and we
have to pay extra without being notified of this change.  This happened
with Social Work in Health Care.  We chose not to purchase the skipped
volumes; v.24 & 25.

I just thought I would take this opportunity to express our opinion here
at our university.

Cathy Frakes
Serials
University of Southern Indiana
 <cfrakes.ucs@SMTP.USI.EDU>

Date:         Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:30:23 PST
From:         Mary Ellen Kenreich <kenreich@LIB.PDX.EDU>

Mr. Cohen:

Mr. Black's complaint was not about re-scheduling, but that his library was
asked to pay double for one calendar year's worth of the journal.

Mary Ellen Kenreich
Portland State Univ.
<kenreich@LIB.PDX.EDU>