Re: Advertising Age International (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 08 Sep 1998 21:40 UTC

2 messages, 55 lines:

(1)---------------------------
Date:         Tue, 8 Sep 1998 15:12:10 -0500
From:         Jeanette Skwor <SKWORJ@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Advertising Age International

Betsy Luce wrote:
> Our problem is: when did this actually happen?  Why didn't they
> inform us?  How can they justify an offer to renew when they never
> had subscriptions before?
>
> It seems that although the journal was under the guise of a
> supplement for a long time, it had its own staff internationally.
>
> If you can answer any of these questions, or if you have come
> across this problem also, I'd love to know about it.

***Betsy, you will get renewals for all sorts of things, and the
justification is, they want your money.  You will get renewals for
materials you cancelled years ago, and you will throw them out, and get
a "second chance", a "last chance" and several "final chances" before they
begin all over again with a series of letters telling you that you have
obviously overlooked earlier notices.  You will get "free subscriptions"
followed by renewal notices, and yes, supplements followed by renewal
notices.  You will receive renewal--or new--notices with little yellow
sticky notes on them, with a handwritten, "Order this!  J." and if your
boss is J. don't be fooled into thinking that he wrote it.

***Don't worry about this.  Put your skeptics hat firmly upon your head and
check and double check things before you pay them.  You are about to learn
more about marketing than you ever thought possible.  :)

***And welcome to the World of Serials!  It really is a great place.

Jeanette Skwor
Cofrin Library
UW-Green Bay
<SKWORJ@GBMS01.UWGB.EDU>

Date:         Tue, 8 Sep 1998 16:03:40 EST
From:         Tammy Keso <kesot@LIB01.FERRIS.EDU>

form requesting a free sub to this so called supplement.  It arrives
by itself and it also arrives with the advertising age issues.
However, I'm not sure if it is going to continue as a free
"supplement" but our issues are still arriving on schedule.

       Tammy Keso <kesot@LIB01.FERRIS.EDU>