Re: Journal routing policies (Deborah Harrell) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 10 Sep 1998 20:50 UTC

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:07:36 -0400
From: Deborah Harrell <dharrell@WESTGA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Journal routing policies (Pauline Bryant)

I also got my message back, so here's another try.

The staff give me a list of titles.  I create routing so that when an
issue is received (SIRSI) the list is displayed.  We then print the list,
attach to the piece and place in a specific mailbox beside the other
mailboxes.

Journals are available in the mailbox for three months (whether someone is
on the routing list or not, they can read the issues).  Then issues are
removed and sent to the stacks.  We don't 'charge out' the issue to
anybody.  When there are fewer than four names on the routing slip, we
send the issues directly to the individuals mailbox(es).  If a patron
requests an issue that is in the mailbox, we pull it for their use.

The only times I don't route a title that someone requests is when the
latest issue goes to browsing or the title is shelved in the index area.

Hope this helps.

Debbie Harrell
Ingram Library, State University of West Georgia
phone: 770-836-6498
fax: 770-836-6626