Li'l Magazines (Michael Brown) Stephen Clark 21 Oct 1998 20:13 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:02:46 -0500
From: "michael.brown" <mickeyb@GSLIS.UTEXAS.EDU>
Subject: Li'l Magazines

Hi!

My name is Michael Brown. I am a graduate student at the University of
Texas at Austin Graduate School of Library and Information Science, and I
have just been given the unbelievable opportunity to edit a new column for
Serials Review. The topic is little magazines. The purpose of the column
is to present SR readers with all the information they would ever need to
know about small press journals, presented by the publishers themselves.
(For a list of some of the journals that fall into the category of small
press publications, see Serials Review's Little Magazine Interview Index,
24:1.)

The reason I'm pestering you kind folks is to try and get a feel for what
sorts of things y'all would like to know from these small presses? Are
there any particular questions you'd like answered? Any concerns you'd
like to see addressed? Anything at all?

Feel free to email me directly. I'm open to any and all suggestions. (But
I have to warn you -- name-calling might make me cry.)

Thank you very much for your kind consideration,

michael brown
mickeyb@gslis.utexas.edu
512-495-4330
austin, tx