Libraries purchased and moved? (Joe Rose) Stephen Clark 23 Oct 1998 17:08 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:09:38 -0400
From: "Joe H. Rose" <4buds@GTE.NET>
Subject: Libraries purchased and moved?

Joe Rose here,

Although not a specific "serials" issue, my question still has a serials
component.  I'd welcome any help, and it would be best to send to me
directly.

My library has recently purchased the collection of a university that
had to file bankruptcy.  We are now working through a number of issues
-- moving, storing, assessing, integrating, etc.  I was wondering if
anyone on the list could put me in contact with someone else who has
been involved in:

1. Purchasing the contents of another library -- or even purchasing a
sizeable portion of one.

2. Moving a collection over a long distance, not just from one building
to another on the same campus.

3. Integrating or processing the newly acquired collection.

Thanks in advance for ANY help or thoughts.

Joe Rose
Florida College
rosej@flcoll.edu
4buds@gte.net