Newspaper subscriptions (Amy E. Gunn) Stephen Clark 27 Oct 1998 22:17 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:37:24 EST
From: "Amy E. Gunn" <agunn@ADMIN.MC3.EDU>

Hello!

Currently we subscribe to 95% of our newspapers through EBSCO and have
them sent through the US Mail.  This usually results in the receipt of
the daily paper 2-3 days after publication date.  Some of our users
are getting angry that we do not have today's news TODAY!  We feel
that the papers are also here for research, so as long as we eventually
have the paper it's okay.  How do other libraries handle this sticky
situation?

Does anyone else subscribe to a majority of their
newspapers through a subscription agency and have them delivered by a
carrier instead of the US Mail?  How about anyone ordering through the
publisher and having delivery through a carrier?  How is the service?
Do you get all of the issue or are some frequently missing?

Please respond to me directly:
agunn@admin.mc3.edu
Amy Gunn
Periodicals Department