Shelving Standards (Cory Meyer) Stephen Clark 30 Oct 1998 22:00 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:21:46 -0700
From: Cory Meyer <cjmeyer@SALUD.UNM.EDU>
Subject: Shelving Standards

Dear Serialst-ers,

"How much wood could a woodchuck chuck......"

The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Library is trying to determine funding for student shelvers....

We have all our numbers ready to go but need to determine an average for the number of books a shelver is expected to shelve in one hour.  Does anyone out there have statistics on how many books each of your shelvers shelve in one hour?

I greatly appreciate any responses....and you may address your response directly to me to avoid cluttering up the listserv.

Cory Anne Johnstone Meyer
Head, Serials/Government Documents

(505) 272-8824

University of New Mexico