Killing the kardex (Lisa German) Marcia Tuttle 08 Oct 1998 12:34 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 06:01:39 -0500
From: german lisa <lgerman@UX1.CSO.UIUC.EDU>
Subject: Killing the kardex

        When I worked at Wright State University in Dayton, we converted
about 5500 serial checkin records to Innovative.  We did it in a
relatively short time will no backlog.  My best advice:  have very
detailed written procedures and have a quality control mechanism in place.

        Within the next year, UIUC will start converting upwards of 60,000
serial records from both cards and the Innovative checkin system to DRA.
If anyone has any experience moving from III to DRA, please let me know.
This is going to be a monumental task and any advice would be appreciated.

Lisa German                                      phone: 217/244-2071
Acquisitions Librarian                           fax: 217/244-9004
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign      email: lgerman@uiuc.edu
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL  61801