Re: The American Journal of Medicine (Florence Schreibstein) Stephen Clark 21 Oct 1998 14:40 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:22:48 -0400
From: florence schreibstein <schreibs@AECOM.YU.EDU>
Subject: Re: The American Journal of Medicine (Dena Luce)

Hi,
  If you think of it as 2 titles it may make it easier to understand the numbering.  There is the "regular" title (in green) that is monthly, 2 volumes a year, 6 issues a volume.
  Then there are the supplements (in white).  They are not regular.  They carry the same volume numbers as the main title and the issue numbers sort of carry the issue numbers of the main title.  Here's the rub: If there's only 1 supplement for the month, it's number is 1A or 2A or 3A, etc. There may not be a supplement for each month. As well, there could also be more than 1 supplement issued in a month.
  For example: v. 104, Jan-June 1998, has supplements: 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A
                         v. 105, July-Dec 1998, so far has supplements: 1A, 1B, 3A
  It is hard to know if you are missing any of the supplement issues.
 It was easier for us to consider it as 2 separate titles rather than 1 title with supplements. I had just finished inputting it into our new system before I read your message.
  Good luck!