Re: Subscriptions added/cancelled Lee Cheng Ean 04 Nov 1998 00:34 UTC

Thank you very much to those who have responded. I am happy that we are able
to generate some discussion on this.  It seems like a simple task to
perform, there are so many different ways of doing it.  I do not need to
have a code in the SCODE because I create a list of active subscriptions
based on active checkin records,  (checkin exist).  An inactive subscription
would have an inactive checkin record (checkin not exist).  So there is no
problem here.

I also have codes to denote paid, package, gift or joint free subscription
in one of the SCODEs.   So at any one time I can generate a list of all
active subscriptions by type.  The only problem is we cannot cross over to
the order records to retrieve the prices, etc.  That has to be done
separately.

I agree we have to separate Collection statistics from Subscription
statistics.  I maintain both. Like I said, the problem is actually keeping
track of how many new subscriptions you have added and how many you have
cancelled/deleted that give rise to problems.

Ean

Mrs Lee Cheng Ean
Head, Serials
Technical Services Division, Central Library,  National University of
Singapore,
89 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 119275
Email: clbleece@nus.sg  Tel: (65) 8742035   Fax: (65) 7747180