Clairification regarding Modern Plastics 1997 Susan Andrews 16 Nov 1998 18:13 UTC

It dawned on me after I sent my e-mail that my comment about calling
publishers was directed at Modern Plastics, specifically.  It was not.  I
don't believe that I have ever spoken to that publisher.  However, my
communication with other magazine publishers' customer service dept. have
not always been terribly enlightening, so I am somewhat disillusioned with
going that route.  Although I do not yet have my answer, Modern Plastics has
indicated that they will respond soon.  Sorry if I falsely maligned them.

Susan Andrews
Serials Librarian
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Susan_Andrews@tamu-commerce.edu

>Does anyone know if there truly was a second issue in April of May 1997 of:
>Modern Plastics (preferably numbered as 5)?  I visited their website and
found >no sign of any such issue.  I tried claiming it and got no response.
I >considered calling the publisher, but the last couple of times that I
tried >that, the response that I got did not leave me feeling very confident
that they >knew what they were talking about (or even what I was talking
about). Anyway, I >never received a number 5 in 1997 for Modern plastics
(the numbering skipped >right to #6) and I would like to know if such a
thing really even existed, >before I pursue further or just plain give up.
I will be eternally grateful to >anyone who can answer this definitively,
and if no one got the issue, then I >can take the consensus as being that it
never existed.