Re: Modern Plastics 1997 (5 messages) Birdie MacLennan 16 Nov 1998 21:16 UTC

5 messages, 108 lines:

(1)-_-------------------------
Date:         Mon, 16 Nov 1998 13:35:57 -0600
From:         Susan Andrews <Susan_Andrews@TAMU-COMMERCE.EDU>
Subject:      Modern Plastics 1997

I love this list.  I already have an answer.  Yes, there was a number 5
(mid- April).  It was a special "Auxiliary Equipment with Buyers' Guide"
issue.  I also got a response from Modern Plastics through my vendor and
the issue is no longer available, for those who are looking.  Many thanks
to those who responded.  It gets one more thing off my desk.

Susan Andrews
Serials Librarian
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Susan_Andrews@tamu-commerce.edu

(2)---------------------------
Date:         Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:54:25 -0600
From:         Gaele Gillespie <ggillespie@MAIL.LIB.UKANS.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Modern Plastics 1997

There was a numbering problem with this title in 1997.
Vol. 74, no. 4 (April 1997) was OK.
Vol. 74, no. 5 (May 1997) was misnumbered as vol. 74, no. 6;
Vol. 74, no. 6 (June 1997) was misnumbered as vol. 74, no. 7;
Vol. 74, no. 7 (July 1997) was misnumbered as vol. 74, no. 8;
It looks like it finally straightened out until vol. 74, no. 13 (Dec. =
1997) which was misnumbered as vol. 74, no. 14. =20

E. Gaele Gillespie / Serials Librarian
Serials - Retrieval Services Dept.
210 Watson
University of Kansas Libraries
Lawrence, KS  66045-2800
e-mail:  ggillespie@ukans.edu
Voice:  785-864-3051
Fax:  785-864-3855 (if busy use: 4-5311)

(3)-----------------------------
Date:         Mon, 16 Nov 1998 13:32:48 EDT
From:         Tom Birch <birch_t@LIBFL.BAKER.EDU>

Yes, Susan.  We received no.5 in 1997 as "mid-April" issue.

Tom Birch                     (810) 766-4071 phone
Serials Librarian             (810) 766-4229 fax
Baker College                 birch_t@libfl.baker.edu
1050 W. Bristol Road
Flint, MI 48507-5508

(4)--------------------------
Date:         Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:31:28 -0800
From:         Carol Morse <MorsCa@WWC.EDU>

I believe it was a misnumbering by the publisher.  We never got a #5.
Carol Morse

Carol Morse                                    Phone: 509:527-2684
Serials Librarian                              Fax::  509) 527-2001
Walla Walla College Library            Email:  morsca@wwc.edu
105 S.W. Adams St.
College Place, WA  99324-1195

Grant us strength for the journey and wisdom to know the way.

Date:         Mon, 16 Nov 1998 13:08:26 -0700
From:         Marilyn M. Haskell <mhaskell@TAZ.SDSMT.EDU>

Please post your answer to the list as I also have the same problem.

      Marilyn M. Haskell <mhaskell@TAZ.SDSMT.EDU>