Re: CJPI : criminal justice periodical index (3 messages) Birdie MacLennan 30 Nov 1998 16:09 UTC

3 messages, 93 lines:

(1)---------------------------
Date:         Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:39:33 -0500
From:         Claire Dygert <cdygert@AMERICAN.EDU>
Subject:      Re: CJPI : criminal justice periodical index

Joanna,
I just happened to have a letter from UMI regarding CJPI before me on my
desk when I picked up your message.  I'll duplicate some of its content
here:

Letter dated October 1998
"Following an extensive review of customer demand and subscriber levels, we
have learned that most customers prefer electronic access to the CJPI via
the Web..."

"...UMI will discontinue the paper copy edition of CJPI effective December
1998.  We will fulfill all subscriptions through the 1998 cumulative
update. You will receive the last 1998 update in second quarter 1999.  CJPI
will be available via our Web-based online service ProQuest Direct.  You
may also access CJPI through Dialog, file number "171."

Hope this information is helpful.
Claire

Claire Dygert
Serials Department Head & Electronic Resources Librarian
American University Library
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC  20016

Phone:    202.885.3203
Fax: 202.885.1080
E-mail:   cdygert@american.edu

(2)---------------------------
Date:         Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:58:47 -0500
From:         Dahrl Moore <MOORE@FAU.EDU>

Joanna
We had word from UMI that the title ceased publication Oct 20, 1998, that
being the hard copy from them.  The last paper issues we received was
v.23(2) Sept 1997.

Dahrl Moore
<MOORE@FAU.EDU>

(3)---------------------------
Date:         Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:50:58 -0500
From:         "Susan E. Sturgeon" <ssturgeo@SALEM.MASS.EDU>

We have received through v.23 #2, Sept. 97.  The rest is delayed probably
because they are working on shifting from print to Proquest as of January
1999.  The print will not be available after that date (an unfortunate
decision in my humble opinion).

SUSAN STURGEON
SERIALS DEPARTMENT
SALEM STATE COLLEGE LIBRARY