Re: Online Access to Full-Text Sources (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 08 Dec 1998 22:09 UTC

2 messages, 136 lines:

(1)-------------------------
Date:         Wed, 9 Dec 1998 08:53:49 +1100
From:         Stephen Lacey <slacey@NLA.GOV.AU>
Subject:      Re: Online Access to Full-Text Sources

The messages we have received ask you to contact your EBSCO Customer
Service Representative.

Steve
Stephen Lacey
Manager, Serial Orders
National Library of Australia
Tel: +61 (02) 6262 1321
Fax: + 61(02) 6273 4322
e-mail: slacey@nla.gov.au

(2)--------------------------
Date:         Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:14:39 -0500
From:         Susan Markley <markley@UCIS.VILL.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Online Access to Full-Text Sources (4 messages)

I have read with interest the responses from Ebsco customers on those
titles offering online access to periodicals I subscribe to in paper.  We
received from Ebsco several hundred sheets with those "online" titles, but
nowhere was there any indication if the online access included full text,
or abstracts or selected online access or just Table of Contents.  When I
called the Customer Service Rep, I was told it was MY responsibility to
contact EACH publisher for that information.  They recommended I go
through each publisher's Home page [no URL was offered, rather it was
suggested that I check inside each journal itself for the URL] to find my
answers and instructions for accessing their journals.  Since I have
neither the time nor inclination to contact all these publishers on my
own, gathering the appropriate information [that I thought was included in
my service charges to Ebsco] was put on hold.

Susan Markley
Villanova University
Villanova PA
--