De-selection/disposal guidelines (Fiona Tipple) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 26 Jan 1999 16:58 UTC

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:31:19 +0000
From: Fiona Tipple <Fiona.Tipple@UCD.IE>
Subject: De-selection/disposal guidelines

THIS MESSAGE IS BEING CROSS-POSTED TO SEVERAL LISTS - please forgive any
duplication.

ALCID (Academic Library Cooperation in Dublin) has set up a working party
to investigate various aspects of collaborative collection development.
One area we wish to explore is that of de-selection and disposal, and we
would be very interested to hear from academic and research libraries with
written de-selection policies and guidelines which they are willing to
share.

Please reply to me, and not to the list.  I will be happy to post a
synthesis of the replies to the list, if anyone is interested, and assuming
responders are willing for me to do so.

Many thanks,

Fiona Tipple
Sub Librarian, Acquisitions
Main Library, University College Dublin,
Belfield, Dublin 4, IRELAND                E-mail: Fiona.Tipple@ucd.ie
Tel: (+353-1-)706-7575; FAX: (+353-1-)706-1403
Web: http://www.ucd.ie/~library