RFP/Serials Vendors (Peter Picerno) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 26 Jan 1999 22:22 UTC

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:31:06 -0600 (CST)
From: "PETER V. PICERNO" <ppicerno@CHOCTAW.ASTATE.EDU>
Subject: rfp/serials vendors

Two quick questions (please reply to me, not to the list):

        (1) I would be interested in the experiences of  libraries currently
using multiple serials vendors rather than one jobber only:
specifically, does using multiple vendors affect work load at the
library, if so how? and does having multiple vendors have any
discernible effect on customer service and/or prices or negotiations?

        (2) In writing an RFP for a journals collection, what are
some points/issues to include, exclude, and what sort of responses
ought one to expect?