Re: Binding heavy paper (Florence Schreibstein) Stephen Clark 14 Jan 1999 22:12 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:00:51 -0500
From: florence schreibstein <schreibs@AECOM.YU.EDU>
Subject: Re: Binding heavy paper (Angie Piercy)

Hi,
  This is a sore topic for me.  It feels like we've rebound almost our entire collection from the mid-90's because of the coated paper.  Increasingly many biomedical journals are appearing this way and with photocopying it doesn't take long before the pages separate from the glue and we have loose pages. And then when you rebind you end up with almost no margin.  We have a few titles that were rebound and it is almost impossible to read the inner edge but at least we still have all the pages.
  We now oversew as much as possible.