Circulation of serials (Peter Washkevich) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 21 Jan 1999 19:25 UTC

From:   Washkevich, Peter
Sent:   Wednesday, January 20, 1999 4:23 PM
To:     Zhang, Jingping
Subject:        Circulation of Serials

Our medium-sized academic library is faced with this problem.

We need to find a way, fairly quickly, to commence circulation of our
periodical collection.  The collection has not been barcoded, although
title and holdings information are available via our OPAC.  We do not
use call numbers for our periodical collection, only the designation
PER.

We will limit circulation to faculty only.  We will limit circulation
for 24 hours only.  Both bound and unbound periodicals will circulate.

I would like to ask the list if anyone has ever encountered a similar
situation, and what possible solutions have you considered.

Please email me at washkevich@marshall.edu
<mailto:washkevich@marshall.edu>

Thanks - Peter Washkevich/Marshall University