Re: "Canceling" subscriptions--and Wilson Full-text databases (Leslie Tweddle) Marcia Tuttle 22 Feb 1999 12:10 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 10:10:19 -0800
From: Lesley Tweddle <Ltweddle@AUCEGYPT.EDU>

I don't know about HWWilson CDs, but not all publishers allow you to
keep the old CDs if for any reason you decide to stop your current
subscription.  SilverPlatter have asked us for the return of the old CDs
when we have cancelled a CD subscription; ASTMS did the same when we
tried to set up an alternate-year subscription to their Standards Source
on CD: we were going to have to hand back (say) 1998 and go without for
1999 until the 2000 set was issued...
        This may not matter all that much, if you think the only reason for
cancelling a CD subscription would be, to go over to an Internet
subscription or to subscribe to something you like better; but you
should be aware of it and ask HWWilson what their position is.

Lesley Tweddle
Serials Dept
American Univ in Cairo