Re: Increased vendor service fees (K. Hunter Kevil) Marcia Tuttle 25 Feb 1999 19:08 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:56:52 -0600
From: "Kevil, L H." <KevilL@MISSOURI.EDU>
Subject: Re: Increased vendor service fees (Teri Oparanozie)

Don't forget Blackwell and Swets.

L. Hunter Kevil,
Head, Serials Dept, Ellis Library,
University of Missouri-Columbia,
Columbia, MO 65201
Voice:  573-884-8760
Fax:    573-884-5243
E-mail: KevilL@missouri.edu

-----Original Message-----
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:32:40 -0600
From: LIB_TLO <LIB_TLO@SHSU.EDU>
Subject: Increased vendor service fees

If your serials vendor has raised your service fee within the past year
or has notified you that they plan to raise your service fee, I would
appreciate hearing what your options and responses were.  I assume they
would do this because you have dropped titles or have switched titles to
another vendor (so your account is no longer as profitable as it used to
be).  But there may be other reasons.

Also, we are a mid-size academic library with about 2200 paid
subscriptions.  I would like to make a list of the major serials vendors
who could handle our subscriptions.  I am familiar with EBSCO, Faxon,
and RoweCom.  Are there others you would recommend?

Teri Oparanozie                            email:  LIB_TLO@SHSU.EDU
Sam Houston State University        phone:  409-294-1623
Newton Gresham Library                fax:  409-294-3780
Huntsville, TX  77341-2179