Puzzling Citation for Nursing '88 (John Lucas) Marcia Tuttle 26 Feb 1999 22:31 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:24:46 -0600
From: John Lucas <jlucas@ROWLAND.UMSMED.EDU>
Subject: Puzzling Citation for Nursing '88

I just received a call from our Reference desk from a patron that had
retrieved a citation from CINAHL (Cumulative index to nursing & allied
health literature)

The citation reads

Accession number   1988076235
Author     Pitone L.
Title     How to curb lateness and absenteeism
Source     Nursing.  18(4):32BB,  32FF , 1988 Apr.

The entire issue, page by page, has been checked and findi no reference in
the table of contents.  The B's and F's could refer to a small supplement
or possible small insert but there is no reference to it.  Our journals
are bound with no ads removed.

The same patron also had a citation reading:

Accession number     1996006072
Author:     Puetz BE
Title:      Management help line: excessive sick calls can compromise
            patient care
Source   RN  59(1) :16A-B,  1996 Jan.

Any ideas ? ? ?

Does anyone have these articles ? ? ?

John Lucas

Serials Librarian
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State St
Jackson, MS 39216-4505

(PH) (601) 984-1277