Thank you re: numbering of journals question (Gretchen Voter) Marcia Tuttle 12 Feb 1999 16:19 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:49:05 -0500
From: Gretchen Voter <GVOTE@BLACKWELLPUB.COM>
Subject: Thank you re: numbering of journals question

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded to my question about
the changing numbering system of our new journal.  We appreciated all of
the thoughtful responses and we're weighing each of them carefully as we
make our decision.  I hope that no one would mind if we bring up queries
like these occasionally so that we can make the best and most informed
decisions about our publications.

I would like to explain our reasoning behind what must appear to be a
somewhat unusual change in our journal status (as I believe some
different respondents asked).  The reason that we have decided to remove
the supplement status of Journal B and make it a separate journal,
although linked by subscription to Journal A, is simply that the
societies and editorial boards involved requested the change for their
own ideological and editorial reasons.

Sincerely,

Gretchen Voter
gvote@blackwellpub.com