Re: Claims study? (Rose LaJudice) Marcia Tuttle 16 Feb 1999 16:05 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:32:00 -0500
From: "LaJudice, Rose" <LIB005@po1.bgh.edu>
Subject: RE: Claims study? (Stephen D. Corrsin)

That sounds exaggerated to me.  Most journals have a limited time
that you can claim.  3 month to 6 months in some cases.  Our
online serials module allows us to input a 30 day waiting time for
issues not received.  That is we expect the issue to arrive Feb 2, but
the claim is not generated until March 2 nd.  I run a monthly
claim report and always double check the current stacks.  So I
think this eliminates a lot of errors.  I find I need to claim directly
to the journals as going through our vendor takes too long.
Often going past the deadline that a journal will send
missing issues.

Rose M. LaJudice
Aaron Health Sciences Library
Buffalo, NY