Re: Puzzling Citations: RESTAURANTS & INSTITUTIONS (Saretta Burke) Marcia Tuttle 01 Mar 1999 19:23 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 13:35:22 -0500
From: Saretta Burke <sburke@owens.cc.oh.us>
Subject: Re: Puzzling Citations: RESTAURANTS & INSTITUTIONS

> Subject: Re: Puzzling Citation (Karen Nelson)
>
> It is a common practice for publishers to include "bonus" pages and special
> inserts for different subscription rates (membership, individual,"(etc.)

I inquired about missing numbered issues to Restaurants &
Institutions, 6 per year.  The publisher said that "These are not a
part of (y)our paid subscription" and to answer more fully in a
second letter "These are a separate publication that is done by
Restaurants & Institutions but it is called Restaurants &
Institutions MarketPlace."

EBSCO lists the two titles separately, with two ISSN; the publishers
consider them as two separate titles, but they are are numbered
together?  This makes no sense.  I shall make a note of it, and am
passing on the information so that all of you may do so also.

Saretta K. Burke
Owens Community College Library
P O Box 10,000
Toledo, OH  43699-1947