Re: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING title change (Don Page) Stephen Clark 25 Mar 1999 20:49 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:15:45 -0700
From: Don Page <djpage@CSUPOMONA.EDU>
Subject: Re: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING title change (Joyce Nelson)

Our library either has not yet received the first issue of STRATEGIC
FINANCE or we missed it and possibly tossed it (I hope not!).  There is
confusion, however.  Read p.8 ("A Letter From the Publisher") of Feb. 1999
(80:8) of MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING which says the March '99 issue will be
IMA's "new monthly flagship publication" called STRATEGIC FINANCE. The next
paragraph states that the monthly MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING "will be
re-launched as a quarterly later this year."

This left me wondering whether I was dealing with a title change or the
start of an additional publication.  I phoned the publisher
(1-800-638-4427, Circulation/Subscriptions Dept.) and am still confused.
The customer representative claims firmly that MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING IS a
title change to STRATEGIC FINANCE and will continue as a monthly.  When I
quoted the statement regarding "re-launched as a quarterly," I was told
that the publisher has plans to issue MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING in the fall of
this year as an ADDITIONAL publication on a quarterly basis!

Title change, new publication, "something in between?"  While on the phone
with the customer representative, I couldn't resist politely telling her
that this type of publication schedule causes untold headaches for
libraries!

Does anyone have more clear and accurate information than this???   Thanks!!

Don Page

Donald J. Page                   Calif. State Polytechnic University
Library Assistant IV            Library, Periodicals Unit, 15-210
Voice: (909)869-3089             3801 W. Temple Ave.
Fax:   (909)869-6922             Pomona, CA 91768
Email:  djpage@csupomona.edu