OCLC Passport and Windows 98 (Claudia Covert) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 10 Mar 1999 17:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:07:20 -0500
From: Claudia Covert <CCovert@JSR.CC.VA.US>
Subject: OCLC Passport and Windows 98

I was very happy when my 486 died and I received a brand new pentium with
Windows 98 <underline>until</underline> I discovered I could not use OCLC
Passport!  I was able to install the program and create sessions but I
received all kinds of error messages when I try to open a session.  I
have been bounced back and forth from OCLC's help desk (talk to your
computer people, our program works on Windows 98) to our computer people
(this program must not be compatible with Windows 98).  Has anyone else
had this problem?  I am considering asking to back to Windows 95 so I can
do work (it is union list time)!  Any advice on how to remedy this
problem would be appreciated.  Thanks for your help in advance

<bold>Claudia T. Covert

</bold>Library Assistant

Parham Campus Library

J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College

P.O. Box 85622

Richmond, VA  23285-5622

Phone:  (804)371-3222 Fax:  (804)371-3086

ccovert@jsr.cc.va.us

<<http://www.jsr.cc.va.us/lrc/lrc.htm>