Core journals (Carol Holliger) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 12 Mar 1999 17:00 UTC

Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:36:48 +0000
From: Carol Holliger <chhollig@CC.OWU.EDU>
Subject: Core journals

Like a lot of libraries dealing with the rising costs of periodical
subscriptions, we are looking at various options for the next fiscal year.

We have three questions:

  1) What sources have you used to determine core titles by discipline?
       We are a medium sized liberal arts college (1800 students).

  2) How do we find out about journals necessary for accreditation in
     various disciplines?

 3)If you have recently conducted a journal deselection process, could you
      please give us some feedack about procedures that were helpful?

Please respond to me off-list at chhollig@cc.owu.edu.

Thank you.

Carol Holliger
Serials Manager