Re: Core journals (Karen Chobot) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 15 Mar 1999 20:17 UTC

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:39:35 -0600
From: Karen Chobot <chobot@PLAINS.NODAK.EDU>
Subject: Re: Core journals (Carol Holliger)

I would appreciate responses to the list for all questions like this,
please.  I can always delete what does not interest me, but it is amazing
what you can learn from reading other people's comments.  Summaries from
the requestor are good, but the originals are better.  I hope others agree
on this question.  Karen C.

At 11:00 AM 3/12/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:36:48 +0000
>From: Carol Holliger <chhollig@CC.OWU.EDU>
>Subject: Core journals
>
>Like a lot of libraries dealing with the rising costs of periodical
>subscriptions, we are looking at various options for the next fiscal year.
>
>We have three questions:
>
>  1) What sources have you used to determine core titles by discipline?
>       We are a medium sized liberal arts college (1800 students).
>
>  2) How do we find out about journals necessary for accreditation in
>     various disciplines?
>
> 3)If you have recently conducted a journal deselection process, could you
>      please give us some feedack about procedures that were helpful?
>
>Please respond to me off-list at chhollig@cc.owu.edu.
>
>Thank you.
>

>Carol Holliger
>Serials Manager
>Beeghly Library
>Ohio Wesleyan University
>43 Rowland Avenue
>Delaware, OH  43015
>(740)368-3252
>FAX (740)368-3222
>chhollig@cc.owu.edu

Karen M. Chobot, M.L.S.
Reference Librarian
Mildred Johnson Library
North Dakota State College of Science
800 6th St. N.
Wahpeton ND 58076
701/671-2385

"I know, my dear Watson, that you share my love of all that is bizarre and
outside the conventions and humdrum routine of daily life."  Sherlock
Holmes, in "The Red-Headed League."