Ergonomic workstations (Deborah Harrell) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 18 Mar 1999 22:23 UTC

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:00:00 -0500
From: Deborah Harrell <dharrell@WESTGA.EDU>
Subject: Ergonomic workstations

We are looking into the possibility of changing our present 'computer on
desktop' workareas into ergonic workstations.  I have perused some of the
literature and looked at lots of catalogs from various vendors, but would
really like to have someone come and analyze our entire technical services
area (presently 8 people).

Have any of you ever had experience with a change such as this--good or
bad?  Many of us in tech services spend more than half of every 8 hour day
behind a keyboard, and keyboard trays that pull out seem to be *the thing*
with furniture manufacturers.  For those of us who key from printed
materials, pull-out drawers are not the answer as it puts us further away
from the materials.

Thanks.

Debbie Harrell
Ingram Library, State University of West Georgia
phone: 770-836-6498
fax: 770-836-6626