Re: Serials Shelving Schemes (Marilyn Haskell) Marcia Tuttle 28 Apr 1999 16:44 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:30:01 -0600
From: "Haskell, Marilyn M." <mhaskell@TAZ.SDSMT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Serials Shelving Schemes (Peter Washkevich)

We here at South Dakota School of Mines, Deveraux Library use the LC call
number order for our journals.  This was done about 5 years ago.  Yes it is
a large undertaking but we find students use a lot more journals because all
of a discipline are in one area and they do browse more instead of using
just those they are familiar with.  We feel it has been worthwhile.