Re: Mutation Research (David Goodman) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 12 May 1999 18:32 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:25:42 -0400
From: David Goodman <dgoodman@PRINCETON.EDU>
Subject: Re: Mutation Research (Geraldine Singleton)

This issue has not in fact been published.
It is part of the subsection "Mutation Research. Genomics."; this vol. should
eventually contain 3 issues altogether ( 3 small issues, containing about 120
pp altogether, which the publisher has the effrontery to consider a volume and
charge $332 for.) Our records show that this sort of delay is common for some
of the smaller parts of the large Elsevier multi-part journals. I sometimes
wonder if they in fact are receiving enough  manuscripts to publish to justify
their existence.
If you subscribe to it, you also have free access to the online version,
available through www.elsevier.nl
The online version lists this issue, but it turns out to have only the first
article in it actually available, last updated in Dec. 1998.

I have many times been assured, not just in routine claims, but in direct
correspondence, that issues have been published of various journals from
various publishers, when in fact they have not been. Fortunately, some
libraries now have online catalogs that show individual issues received.
Princeton doesn't, as of yet, but I often check Univ. of Rochester's.

--
David Goodman
Biology Librarian, Princeton University Library