Re: Missing pages in Fortune, May 17 issue (3 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 18 May 1999 15:20 UTC

3 messages:

1)_____

Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 16:18:50 -0500
From: Diane Neumeister <DNEUMEIS@LORAS.EDU>
Subject: Re: Missing pages in Fortune, May 17 issue (Carol Morse)

Carol,

I tried to check my copy of Fortune for missing pages,
but I couldn't find a May 17th issue of.  We have v. 139 no. 9
(May 10, 1999) and v. 139 no. 10 (May 24, 1999).
I didn't think there were two publications called "Fortune,"
so would you check your issue again and let me know if it is
one of the two I listed above or if I'm missing a special issue of some sort.

Thank you!

Di

Diane Neumeister
Serials Asst.
Wahlert Memorial Library
Loras College
Dubuque, IA, USA

phone: 319-588-4969
fax: 319-588-7292
e-mail: dneumeis@loras.edu

>>> Carol Morse <MorsCa@WWC.EDU> 05/17/99 11:33AM >>>
Our current issue of Fortune is missing pp. 177-201.  This is the May 17
issue.  There is an 8-page ad section which is repeated, however.  This is
the cover story that is missing, so a patron caught it right away.  (There
is no evidence of it's being ripped out).  Is anyone else out there in
the same boat?  Carol M.

Carol Morse                                    Phone: 509:527-2684
Serials Librarian                              Fax::  509) 527-2001
Walla Walla College Library            Email:  morsca@wwc.edu
105 S.W. Adams St.
College Place, WA  99324-1195

Grant us strength for the journey and wisdom to know the way.

2)_____

Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 15:23:12 -0500
From: Patricia Bennett <pbennett@NSLSILUS.ORG>

Was Fortune published on May 17?  May 11 1999 is vol 139 #9 and May 24
1999 is vol 139 #10

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Pat Bennett                             e-mail  pbennett@nslsilus.org
Chief Periodicals Clerk                 phone   847.870.3667
Arlington Heights Memorial Library      fax     847.506.2636
500 N. Dunton Ave
Arlington Heights, IL 60004

3)_____

Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 17:23:20 -0700
From: Carol Morse <MorsCa@WWC.EDU>
Subject: Missing pages in Fortune

I'm sorry about the mix-up.  It was the May 17 issue of Forbes,
as some of you so kindly pointed out.
Carol