Re: To trim or not to trim Judy Cerqua-SLO 04 Jun 1999 15:07 UTC

Linda,

The State Library of Ohio uses the following criteria for
trim instructions to the binder:

        Serials with gutters of 1" or more - trim
        Serials with gutters under 1" - do not trim

All monographs sent to the binder as "Do not trim", for
preservation purposes.  HTH,

Judy Cerqua
Head, Acquisitions/Processing
State Library of Ohio