Creative Ideas in Technical Services--Call for Volunteers (Janet Lee-Smeltzer) Stephen Clark 15 Jun 1999 21:08 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:56:34 -0500
From: Janet Lee-Smeltzer <leesmelj@UH.EDU>
Subject: Creative Ideas in Technical Services--Call for Volunteers

ALCTS Creative Ideas in Technical Services Discussion Group will meet from
4:30-5:30 PM on
Suday, June 27th at the Convention Center.  The topics for this meeting are:

1.  Continuing education and training for all technical services staff.
2.  Coping with personnel issues resulting from reorganization.
3.  How to handle electronic journals.
4.  Keeping long-term employees charged up and interested.
5.  Relationship between public and technical services.

We still need volunteers to be recorders and facilitators for each topic.
If you
would like to volunteer contact either:

Richard Baumgarten                      Janet Lee-Smeltzer
Cataloger                               Copy Cataloging Manager
Johnson County Library                  University of Houston Libraries
Box 2901                                Houston, TX  77204-2091
Shawnee Mission, KS  66201-1301         (713)743-9697 (voice)
(913) 495-2454 (voice)                  (713)743-9811 (fax)
(913) 495-2441 (fax)                    leesmelj@uh.edu
baumgarten@jcl.lib.ks.us

If you don't want to volunteer, be sure to attend if you can.  The discussions
are always interesting.  The co-chairs for 2001 will be selected at this
meeting.

For those who couldn't attend Midwinter, but were interested in the topics,
the
minutes from Midwinter are posted on the discussion group's Web site.  Since
this is going to multiple electronic lists, I apologize for any duplication.

We hope to see many of you at the discussion group in New Orleans at ALA.

Janet Lee-Smeltzer
Copy Cataloging Manager
University of Houston Libraries
Houston, TX 77204-2091