Re: ScreenScan (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 15 Jul 1999 20:10 UTC

2 messages, 45 lines:

(1)---------------------------
Date:         Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:27:12 -0600
From:         Dana Belcher <dbelcher@MAILCLERK.ECOK.EDU>
Subject:      ScreenScan -Reply

We looked at them, but decided they were a quick fix/short-term solution.
We ended up buying new digital mf reader/printers and were surprised by
the low cost.  We now have 2 new ones and another on order.  Let me know
if you want more info.

Dana Belcher, Periodicals/Acquisitions Librarian
East Central University
Linscheid Library
200 S. Stadium Drive
Ada, OK 74820
<dbelcher@MAILCLERK.ECOK.EDU>

>>> Jane Devine <DEJLG@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU> 07/14/99 02:06pm >>>
Hello Colleagues:

 Has anyone used ScreenScan, a microfilm scanner that can be mounted on
most reader/printers in order to transform mf into digital images for
sending or storing.  I haven't been able to find any reviews or
commentary about this product, only what they say about themselves.  I
would appreciate any comments or opinions about how the product works, its
cost and its effectiveness.

My thanks in advance.   Jane Devine
                        LaGuardia Community College Library
                          <DEJLG@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Date:         Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:11:52 -0400
From:         Barbara Imes <BIMES@LIB.URSINUS.EDU>
Subject:      Re: ScreenScan

I too would be very interested in this information, as our reader
printers are getting very old.

Barbara Imes
Periodicals Department
Ursinus College