DTTP Title Change? (2 messages) Marcia Tuttle 19 Jul 1999 15:26 UTC

-----------------(1)
>From nburns@PHOENIX.PRINCETON.EDU Mon Jul 19 11:24:53 1999
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:27:54 -0400
From: Nancy Burns <nburns@PHOENIX.PRINCETON.EDU>
Subject: Re: DTTP title change?

        When the title appears both in full and as an initialism on the
chief source--regardless of the order in which they appear--the title in
full is chosen as title proper unless the initialism is the only title
given in other places in the piece (AACR2 12.1B2).  Therefore, the
original title would be Documents to the People. I would think a change to
DTTP quarterly would warrant a title change; not only is the full form
changed to an initialism, but "quarterly" is added within the first five
words.

                                             Nancy Burns
                                             Cataloging Unit IV
                                             Princeton University Library

-------------------(2)

Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 07:17:15 -0600
From: Julia Franklin <jfrank@ISL.STATE.ID.US>

Patricia:  I would like to know, as we also receive DTTP.  If you could
share I know, I would appreciate knowing if it is a title change.

Julia Franklin
Serials LAI
Idaho State Library
jfrank@isl.state.id.us
The opinions are my own, and not the opinions
of anyone, anywhere, else...in the world.