Chronicle of Higher Education - missing pages (2 messages) Marcia Tuttle 06 Aug 1999 18:38 UTC

----------(1)
>From jfrank@ISL.STATE.ID.US Fri Aug  6 14:36:40 1999
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:38:18 -0600
From: Julia Franklin <jfrank@ISL.STATE.ID.US>
Subject: Re: Chronicle of Higher Education - missing pages (Kathi              Jakubowski)

I have checked our copy, it arrived on 8/3/99 and is intact.  The missing
pages also include :Events in Academe" a fall/winter 1999/2000 supplement.
Perhaps the weight caused the hole section to fall out in transport.

Julia Franklin
Serials LAI
Idaho State Library
jfrank@isl.state.id.us
The opinions are my own, and not the opinions
of anyone, anywhere, else...in the world.

----------(2)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:01:45 -0400
From: Tara Scholtz <ts94@umail.umd.edu>

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:32:24 -0400 Kathi Jakubowski
<KLR@GML.LIB.UWM.EDU> wrote:
> Today we received three copies of the Chronicle of Higher Education,
> volume 45, number 48 (Aug. 6, 1999).  All three copies are missing
>pages 15-50 - the job ads section.  Has anyone else had the same
>problem?  I have already claimed replacements for these issues, but
>I'm curious if this was unique to us or not.

A quick check here (with a couple of our copies) showed that you're not
unique in this problem. :-(

Tara Scholtz
ts94@umail.umd.edu
University of Maryland, College Park