Re: Microform scanner (Barbara Thimsen) Marcia Tuttle 17 Aug 1999 18:37 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:51:33 -0600
From: Barbara Thimsen <BTHIMSEN@BOISESTATE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Microform scanner (Laura Vogler)

We are using 2 Canon 400 Scanners with connected Canon fileprint 400 laser
printers and have been very pleased with them.  They have been in use
nearly a year with no service calls and happy users.  We also looked at
the Minolta 2000 but decided it was too expensive for us.  We do like
Minolta equipment and have 6 605Zs and 1 606Z as well as 8 old 503s which
are still functioning for us.  The Canon 400 can be ordered with a dual
carriage to switch from film to fiche, however we ordered one with the
fiche carriage and one with the film carriage to accomidate more users.

Hope this gives you another idea.

Barbara Thimsen, Microforms Supervisor
Alberstons Library, Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID  83725