Re: Global outlook or global focus? Caryl Ward 08 Sep 1999 12:17 UTC

Cheryl Riley <riley@LIBSERV.CMSU.EDU> wrote:

> The Wiley journal, Business & the Contemporary World changed title with
> vol. 11, no. 1 (1999) to Global Outlook.  I am now in receipt of vol. 11,
> no.2 (1999) and the title is Global Focus.  I find no references to a title
> change in the journal.  I find the title Global Outlook on one page at the
> end of the issue where the "books received" are listed.  At the bottom of
> this page, the footer still says Global Outlook.
>
> Does anyone know exactly what happened with this title?

I had written to the editor last month asking about the title change. He has
kindly given me permission to share his response with the list.
CW

Caryl Ward
Serials Department
University Libraries
State University of New York at Binghamton
(607) 777-4922     cward@binghamton.edu

Subject:    Re: Global Outlook or Global Focus?
   Date:    Wed, 01 Sep 1999 09:26:28 -0400
   From:    "S. Prakash Sethi" <Global_Focus@Baruch.cuny.edu>
     To:    Caryl Ward <cward@binghamton.edu>

Dear Ms. Ward:

        Unfortunately, you are right.  We did have to change the title
again after just one issue.  It so happened that the first title "Global
Outlook" was selected after a thorough search by a reputable outside
agency to make sure that the title had not been previously registered and
we were assured that it was not.  Regrettably, the search agency failed to
do the job right and we were stuck with a title that was owned by another
publisher and was in active use.  Hence the new name.

        It has cost us a fortune in scrapping all the previous promotional
pieces, etc.  but it couldn't be helped.  I am sorry for the incoveniece -
but please make the necessary changes in your records.

        Best regards.

Sincerely,
S. Prakash Sethi
-----

S. Prakash Sethi
University Distinguished Professor
Academic Director - Executive Programs
Zicklin School of Business
Baruch College - CUNY
17, Lexington Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10017
Phone: 212-802-6700
Fax: 212-802-6705