Re: URLs in MARC Bibliographic Records Adolfo R Tarango 22 Sep 1999 14:58 UTC

  Peter, it depends on how much time you and your staff are willing to put
into updating and maintaining your bib. records and on how the information
is handed by your system--do you have a web based catalog?  Check out our
library's web page at http://www.library.unr.edu.  Select the link
"Library Catalog (WolfPAC), then select the option "JOURNAL and Newspaper
Titles".  Search the following titles: Biotechnology and applied
biochemistry, Mathematics of computation, Agbioforum, and ACC current
journal review.  When each search result is displayed, notice that one of
the options given at the top is for a MARC display.  Select the option to
see how we've been updating our records.  I'm currently collecting data on
how much time we are spending on the cataloging and maintanence of
electronic journals, but don't have anything meaningful yet, sorry.
Please e-mail me with any questions you might have on our handling of
electronic journals.

    Adolfo R. Tarango
    Serials Catalog Librarian
    The University Library/322